Friday, July 6, 2018

Austin 10 hp ANZAC North Africa 1941

Hi Everyone...


This time a car of the British army that saw many fronts and served in a wide variety of roles.

Tamiya proved again how its productions are really good. Easy to build with nice details, it can be built straightforward and give a good copy of the original vehicle. Aftermarkets or self modifications can update the model though.


I ordered a set by Legend Production and added a few items from my spare box. The resin tarpaulin didn't fit and I had to work on it by modifying the front of it with green putty and a part of the Tamiya tarpaulin.
I added two chains on the rear and two small lenses for extra details. Also I added some details on the inside of the doors. I kept the exra-details at a reasonable level.

The vehicle is represented abandoned with some New-Zealand markings but I must confess I have no pictures of such vehicle. To me this is possible though. Hope it is convincing . Decals are by Bison.
One thing that should be said is that it seems that many vehicles in military service had different tyres at least at the rear. I didn't spend money on those but they are produced by Hussar Productions for those who would be interested.

I really enjoyed that building. It is a very nice little car and thanks to Tamiya anyone can build it!










No comments:

Post a Comment