Tuesday, October 18, 2016

CV 3/33 Hungary Mini Art Studio

Jo napot!

this is the expression to say good day in Hungarian...Which is a smart way to introduce today's subject. A CV 3/33 in Hungarian Police service!




I don't know how and where you purchase your models. Local stores cannot compete the online stores anymore it seems. Ebay can be a provider even though I generally find the prices too high. BUT...It is still a good provider for rare kits and old time ones...
I have some interest for the Italian tanks and armored cars, most of plastic kits are produced by Italeri from Italy...But Bronco has also a nice choice of CV and a wonderful FIAT Topolino! The rest of the market are resins (Brach and Model Victoria have an awesome collection!).
No-one would have imagined to see those models in plastic at a time where Tigers and Sherman dominated a market led by two famous brands!!! Long time ago ....the only way to find models a bit more exotic was to purchase expensive resins of a very doubtful quality sometimes. From time to time you can see them on Ebay , prices can vary from really cheap to expensive. I had this wonder for almost nothing, I wanted to see how much it would reach and won the bids...which was not really my expectation.

At first I thought I would give it to a friend; I don't like resin kits and the quality of this ancestor was not the best. At its time maybe? I noticed that the resin became very fragile, dry. I tried to soften the tracks using the hot water method but it didn't work and the tracks broke easily into small pieces!
I wanted to make the Italian version for my Desert war collection but the parts for this version were not usable.
I decided then to build the Hungarian version. And finally I am very happy with my choice. Nowadays Hungarians tanks and AC are available in plastic and this kit will perhaps be the first one of a collection.

I improved the model and made it Hungarian. The white parts on the pictures will show you the accomplished job. I also bought Hungarian national markings. I had to hide the ugly tracks with mud. I am finally pleased with the result....

The updates...









the camouflage green overall with light sand and brown spots...








No comments:

Post a Comment