Friday, October 14, 2016

Vickers MKVI B Vulcan models

Hi all,


A small thing from the UK.

 Here is the nice model of an important tank in British tank history. The light and fast Mark VI B. It was the most numerous tank at the beginning of the war and participated to the Battle of France and the Desert war. It was only equipped with machine guns. Its qualities were mobility and speed but it lacked fire power and armor. It seems ,though , that it gave a quiet good account of itself in the first months of the desert war where its speed was an asset when facing Italian troops.

The model is produced by Vulcan Models., It also exists in different versions, BEF, and BESA Heavy machine gun version. Of course the desert version exists but I had purchased the BEF version before I decided that the Desert War was more attractive. With Evergreen strips and sheets I made the sand shields and storage trunks that were missing. I also added some details especially the radio antenna folding mechanism.I later replaced the bolts on the sandshields for smaller ones.  I used Tamiya Matlida MK II smoking grenades launcher instead of the ones from the box. Also a small spring has to be added on the rear of the last bogies wheel. The bogies assembly is not easy and I wouldn't recommend the model to beginners!!!

I used tape and AK Caunter Scheme acrylics set for the scheme. Tamiya Pastels sets for the dust effect. I made a small landscape with plaster etc...

I was pleased with the modifications which made the assembly more exciting than a simple OOB.

The Tank belongs to a New Zealand Company, decals from Bison....











No comments:

Post a Comment